As of April 1, 2022, this position has been filled. Our thanks to everyone who applied.
The WCPA was seeking someone to fill a contract position.
Job overview: Administrative Assistant to the WCPA Board of Directors:
The Administrative Assistant works as an assistant to the board of directors by handling its technical, web and direct mail requirements as needed. The candidate will be responsible and self-motivated with good people skills, a commitment to WCPA’s mission, and ability to work independently while getting the job requirements completed satisfactorily and on time. The candidate will have good technical skills.
- assist O’Hara Contest chair
- General WCPA websites updates, monthly or as needed, random events, home page posting, etc.
- Special WCPA website updates, add pages, organize & upload old content for archiving purposes.
- Domain renewals, make sure our domains get renewed.
- Monthly board reports, plus attendance at all board meetings and annual meetings.
- Facebook, social media postings for contests, events, etc.
- Postings to Discover Central Mass: event listings for WCPA events; part of WCC membership.
- Monitor WCPA e-mails weekly: Look at WCPA general inbox; weed out spam; respond to actual emails.
- Layout and assemble (not write) annual report
- Bi-weekly, check WCPA mailbox at Worcester post office, communicate appropriate information to appropriate board members. Monthly, check the mail cubby in The Sprinkler Factory. Mail items to others as needed
- Requests any non-broadside flyers for inclusion in quarterly mailings.
- Create non-broadside flyers as needed.
- Create a quarterly mailing list – keep membership up to date – add county libraries. Remove any duplicates.
- Create the mailer address cover sheet.
- Purchase or pick up paper stock.
- Print the mailing documents.
- Organize volunteers (board and members) to help put the mailing together
- Organize mail assembly gatherings – at 38 Harlow St.
- Fill out the online USPS form.
- Visit the USPS distribution center in Shrewsbury and drop off mailings.
- Prepare and deliver monthly Board reports for The Worcester Review, annually create a mailing list of current members plus additions from TWR. Print labels, bring labels to the office.
Computer and internet connection are required.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will accept applications until the position is filled. Apply as early as possible.