WCPA’s annual contest the Frank O’Hara Prize will open on January 1st 2023. Please head over to our [Contest Page] to read about rules and regulations.
Archives for December 2022
A Tale of Two Cities: Second Anthology Published
A Tale of Two Cities: Worcester, MA & Worcester, England just published their second anthology of call and response poems between the two cities. You can find the paperback on Amazon.
Poet Town at Worcester Magazine is back!
Submit your poems to Poet Town, Worcester Magazine’s new and continued space for poetry.
To submit email to Margaret Smith email@example.com with ‘Poet Town’ in the subject line.
Here are the guidelines:
1. 30 lines or fewer per poem
2. no irregular formatting (flush left only, please)
3. include a short bio, one or two sentences; if you like you can include a website/social media
4. diverse topics/themes welcome, but please no vulgar language, hate, violence, etc.
5. at this time, publication is print-only, due to formatting limitations online. But please only send poems for which you currently have rights
6. one-time rights; rights go back to you, but if published elsewhere, please acknowledge appearance in Worcester Magazine
7. feel free to send up to five poems; if we accept multiple poems, they’ll roll out with an eye toward a robust rotation of different poets and voices
8. we aim to respond about acceptance as quickly as possible, to let you know which poems we’ll use.